All the devices connected to a computer are driven by their drivers which are manually installed. Device drivers need to be upgraded from time to time, otherwise the devices start to malfunction or stop working. If you are looking forward to updating your monitor drivers (Dell) and cannot trust the many confusing results you found on the internet, worry not. We have explained below, step by step, two different ways to update your Dell monitor drivers. Take a look.
Method 1: Updating Drivers Using Your PC’s Device Manager
One of the two easy ways to update Dell monitor drivers is to do it using Device Manager. Here is how it is done:
- Type command msc in the search bar of Run dialogue box and hit Enter. Run is found in the Start Menu and can be opened by pressing Windows and R keys at the same time.
- You will have the Device Manager in front of you. Click on Monitors to expand it and right click the only option of your currently connected Dell monitor. From the dropdown software, select Update Driver Software.
- From the next appearing dialogue box, choose Search automatically for updated driver.
- Keep on following the easy instructions Windows gives you in order to finish the updating process (Windows will have found new updates for you automatically).
Keep in mind that it is possible that Windows fails to find any new updates. Although this method is easy and fast, it does not always work. Windows will say The driver software for your device is already installed if it has not detected any new driver updates. If this happens with you, we suggest you move on to the next method to get updated Dell monitor drivers.
Method 2: Downloading New Drivers from Dell’s Website
Do as directed below to manually download Dell monitor drivers from their website.
- Look up for Dell’s website on a search engine and open the website.
- You will be required to enter your monitor’s unique ID. You can also choose it from the available list of all products.
- After entering your monitor ID, you will need to select the update of Windows you are using in your PC. You can do that by opening Drivers and Downloads and selecting the Change OS.
- Under the category of Monitors and Displays, go for Download.
- The file will be downloaded in .exe form. Run the file and do as it says to install the driver; the steps should be easy.
That’s it, either one of the two ways should easily get your Dell monitor driver updated.
We hope you found the solutions helpful.