We can control the privacy of our data on Windows 10 by either keeping it public or private by handling the file’s properties, although, sometimes an error occurs. The screenshot of the error above that says “Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container.” And “Access Denied”. This error can be fixed easily by following the easy steps below.
- Open the properties of the file or folder you want to change the privacy of by right-clicking on it.
- Under the Security pane in Picture Properties, click Advanced.
- Click Change in the Owner section.
- In the empty box, type your username. Click Check Names and then click OK.
- Before clicking OK again, check the two small boxes that say “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” and “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object”.
- Click Yes if Windows Security prompts.
After this, you can normally change the privacy of your file or folder without any error showing.
Feel free to share it with your friends if you found it helpful.