Sometimes you get an error message that “The application was unable to start correctly” accompanied by an error code (0xc00007b). Usually, this error message appears when you try to open an application on Windows. Most of the time it takes place when you update the windows and an issue occurs with the compatibilities of the system. To get rid of it, you can try the methods below.
1) Restart your computer
2) Start & Run application as an administrator
3) Reinstall the Application
4) Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework (for Windows 7 or below)
5) Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
6) Update your Windows Operating System
7) Run Check Disk Service
Method #1: Restart your computer
It could be an ordinary error when you get the error message “The application was unable to start correctly”. A simple reboot of your computer can fix the problem.
Method #2: Start & Run application as an administrator
When you come across a 0xc00007b error, you can try running your application as administrator and see if this is helpful.
- Right click on the application you want to open. Then select Properties.
- Go to Compatibility Check Run this program as an administrator. Then hit OK.
- Try running your application. It will help you out to fix this problem.
Method #3: Reinstall the Application
Sometimes the application you want to run may contain some corrupted data. In this case, you should uninstall your application properly and then reinstall it. After that run the program and see if the problem resolves.
Method #4: Reinstall Microsoft.NET framework
Most of the time Microsoft.NET framework can be responsible for the error “The application was unable to start correctly”. NET framework is a framework developed by Microsoft which supports applications using.Net technologies. You may need to reinstall it to fix the issue. Microsoft .NET framework plays a vital role in Windows 8 and 10. You cannot remove or reinstall it manually. To perform this there are some steps mentioned below which may apply on Windows 7 or earlier versions. For Windows 10/8 users can try updating your Windows to install the latest.NET framework (if any).
- Press Win + R Type “control” and click OK.
- Open control panel and click on Programs and Features.
- Single click on every item starts with “NET”. Click on Uninstall/Change and follow the instruction to uninstall these items.
- Go to NET Framework download website to download and install the framework.
Method #5: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is a runtime component and its significance is heightened for running the multiple applications. The files in Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package usually get corrupted due to many reasons and this can cause the 0xc00007b error. In this case, you need to reinstall these components.
- Open Programs and Features(according to the above images)
- Uninstall all items with the name of “Microsoft Visual C++ 2*** Redistributable“.
- Go to Microsoft to download and install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
Method #6: Update your Windows Operating System
Updating your operating system can also fix this trouble. In addition, some features and programs are inbuilt, such as DirectX and.NET Framework can also be updated during the process. You just need to update the operating system and it will make some changes.
Method #7: Run Check Disk Service
The error can also be the aftermath of any hardware issues, especially from your hard drive. You should run check disk using Command Prompt and figure out if any problem is there on your disk.
- Click on Startmenu and type “cmd“. Right click on Command Prompt in the result and select Run as administrator.
- Enter “chkdsk c: /f /r”. (This means you are going to check and repair C If you want to check another drive, replace “c” with the corresponding letter of that drive.) Follow the instruction to complete the process.