The surface pen comes along with Microsoft’s surface devices. Basically, it’s a stylus and a digital pen. It allows you to write and draw as if you are using an actual pen to write on paper. Sometimes your surface pen may not work. This could be for a number of reasons from your pen not being charged to issues with the display.
But there is no need to worry. We have the solutions for you:
Solution 1: Check the battery
Sometimes it may be that your surface pen isn’t working because it’s run out of battery. This may happen because the cells have been used up. If this is the case, and your pen isn’t responding at all, try to insert new AAAA battery in it.
Solution 2: Use your tablet to fix the problem
If your surface pen stops working or responding, you can try and fix the problem through your tablet.
Here is how:
- Open settings on your device.
- Select Change PC settings.
- Select Bluetooth in the PC settings menu.
- Next click on Surface pen and then remove device.
- Next keep the top button of your pen pressed down for about 7 seconds so that a green light starts flashing in the middle of the pen.
- Now try to pair your pen to Bluetooth by tapping on.
Solution 3: Updating the Device Driver
Issues with the device driver cans top it from working. That’s why its important to always keep your driver updated.
- Open the device manager by pressing Win + X to go to the quick access menu.
- Locate the Bluetooth dialogue and open it. There click on surface pen driver and then select Update Driver.
- Then choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will find an update for you after which you just have to follow the onscreen instructions.
Then just restart your surface pen.