If you have a NVDIA GTX 950 graphics card installed on your computer, you may have occasionally gotten the error,” Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.”And an exclamation mark next to the display driver. This error occurs because windows does not recognize your graphics card, a driver is missing or not updated, or your graphics card is damaged.
We’ll give show you a few ways to get around the Code 43 Error:
Method 1: Try reinstalling NVIDIA 950
The first thing you need to do is completely reinstall the graphics card driver. For this you will need uninstalling tools like Device Driver Uninstaller.
- First download the Device Driver Uninstaller.
- Next extract the file from the downloaded folder and then double click on the Device driver uninstaller file.ved.
- Once you are in safe mode, the uninstall can begin when you click on Clean and Restart.
- Once the process finishes, your computer will restart. After which you should go to the NVIDIA Drivers download website and look for the GTX 950 driver for your device.
The onscreen instructions will help you install the driver, and you can start it by double clicking the set up file.
Method 2: Updating your windows
- To begin with hit the start button on your keyboard followed by selecting the setting icon and the clicking on Update and Security.
- By pressing the updates button you’ll know if there are any new updates available.
- In case there are any new updates available, just download them and follow the instructions. Then restart your computer to see if the error code 43 still persists.
Method 3: Update your BIOS
This is not a much recommended course of action because if not carried out properly, it can corrupt your computer. BIOS stands for basic input/output system and messing with it could mean damaging your computer.
You need a very high level of computer skills to carry out this solution. That’s why its recommended you seek professional help or at least go to the device manufacturers website to get all the supporting documents and instructions.
You can then download the latest version of BIOS from there and install it by following the onscreen instructions.
Method 4: Carry out a windows 10 reinstall
When all else fails maybe the best option would be to reinstall your windows, as this will for sure reset all the systems causing the Code 43 error.