What helps run the many features of Windows normally is Windows operating system’s background services. If there is a glitch in the background services or some function or command malfunctions, the result might come up on your screen in the form of errors and one of them can be Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.
Here is a step-by-step guide to fix that error without going too far:
- Open the Run Command box on your computer either by selecting it from the Start Menu or pressing Windows + R keys together. In the bar of Run box, enter regedit in order to get the window of Registry Editor on your screen.
- When asked by User Account Control (UAC) to confirm your action, press YES.
- When you finally have Registry Editor in front of you, pull down HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. From the list, select the last option SYSTEM. From the further three options, select CurrentControlSet and finally, expand the option of services.
- In order to proceed, you must know your service. Once you have found it in the list of Services, right-click it and choose to export it, selecting the destination of the export accordingly.
- Do not exit the window. Once you have exported the service, right-click it again and this time, choose to delete it. You can now close Registry Editor.
- On the search bar in Windows Start Menu, type cmd. The search result will be Command Prompt, right-click it and select the first option that is Run as Administrator.
- User Account Control (UAC) will again ask for confirmation, answer in affirmative.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the command sfc/scannow. Hit Enter and wait for the completion of verification.
- After verification, you can close the Command Prompt window and are recommended to restart your computer. Once done, you will find your Service file where you saved it, choose to Merge it by right-clicking on it. Select Yes when asked for confirmation by User Account Control (UAC).
- Open the Services window by running the command services.msc in the Run box you open.
- Find your service once again among all the services and right-click it, press Start and exit the Services window. Wait to see if Error 1067 still occurs.
The error should be fixed using the above method.
Let your friends know too to help them!