Sometimes you may be blocked from accessing a website because of an error that says ‘ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS’ along with the message that this website has a redirect loop. This error occurs when you are directed from an original URL to a new one but it puts you in an infinite loop. Your browser tends to break this loop and shows the error message. This problem may occur because of some fault in the server or with the user.
You can try and fix the error by:
Method 1: Using Other Browsers
One way to get around this error is to try to access the site from other browsers if you face the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error too many times. If still the problem isn’t fixed then the issue may stem from the servers side.
Method 2: Browser Data Clearing
Clearing up your browsing data may also help fix this problem. Browsing data contains caches, cookies etc which when cleared can be very helpful.
Here are some easy instructions on how to clear the browsing data from chrome:
- Enter chrome://settingsin the search bar, then select show advanced setting at the end of the page
- Click on Privacy and then go to the bottom of the screen and select Clear browsing data.
- Check all the boxes and then click on Clear browsing data.
For Firefox the instructions are pretty much the same.
- Click on Menu and then click on Options.
- Then go to Privacy and clear your recent history.
- Select Everything and then click on Clear now.
Method 3: Check Browser Extensions
Browsing extensions may sometimes lead to infinite looping. So you may want to check your browsers extensions. Here is how you do it for chrome:
- Enter chrome://extensions in the search bar. All the extensions will show up, after which you can try enabling or disabling them. This method is exclusively for chrome users.
- If you are using Firefox, Enter about:addonsin the search bar, the click on extensions. Enable/ disable them from there.
Method 4: Try changing system date and time
Outdated time and date settings may also lead to this error. Here is how you can set your time and date:
- Press down on the Win+R button then type control and press enter.
- Then go to the control panel Date and Time.
- There click on the internet tab and then change settings.
- Check Synchronize with an Internet time server then click on time server and then update now and then OK.
These methods should solve the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error.