Batch files are the ways to do things without actually doing them. We all work on windows so not very familiar with CMD. The batch file act as the mediator between you and CMD. These files come with the extensions like .cmd, .bat, .btm file extensions.
A batch file is a computer file containing a list of instructions to be carried out in turn.
In this article, I am going to show you how easily one creates batch file to make things easier-
Steps To Follow:
- On the search bar type notepad and Open a Notepad or a Notepad++document
- Remember the commands like
Echo- The ON or OFF option for ECHO. If the ECHO is on, the CMD will display the command executing.
Pause- Stop the batch file of Windows
start “” [website]– Go to the website using your default browser.
- save the batch file with the extension .bat
- To run the batch file Double click on it and then right-click on it and choose Edit for further edit.
Now we can discuss the actual use of batch file and how it provides the help to you
- Right click on your desktop and from the dialog select New, and then choose Text Document from the list.
- open the text document by double clicking on the file and Then type the following commands
When you done save the file with .bat extension.
- Open the newly created file. When the commands finish running, hit any keys to pause and exit.
Another way of creating a batch file by opening your favored websites all at once when you run it.
- Right-click on your desktop and from the dialog select New, and then choose Text Documentfrom the list.
- Then in the newly opened file paste the names of your selected websites.
- save the file by clicking on File button above and in this button click on save as…
- Save it with .bat extension and then hit the save button.
Now you will see that by opening this newly created batch file will allow you to open the websites automatically.
In this manner, you can do this and gain a relief from a headache, simple but effective method.