YouTube is one of the world’s most-visited video-sharing websites with billions of videos on its server.
It might be that you want to download only the audio of a YouTube video and not the full video itself. Good news: it is possible and very easy to do.
You can either extract the audio from the video online or do it using a video converter; there are two options. For option 1, you do not have to download the video which is why it is less time-consuming. Option 2 takes more time since it requires you to download the video firstly but advantage of doing so is that the extracted audio is of better quality. According to your time and need, choose either option. Both the methods are expanded below:
Method 1: Extracting the Audio Using Online Converters
Search for a converting website on the internet. If you don’t find any reliable websites after browsing through a search engine, go to www.onlinevideoconverter.com. For this, you do not have to download the YouTube videos whose audio you wish to extract. Follow these steps once you have opened the website.
- In the empty bar you see on the website, paste the video link of the video the audio of which you want to download and click the START.
- Then click the Download button. The download of the audio file (.mp3) will begin.
Method 1 is recommended if you want to download an audio file only once. But if you have to download more than one, the second method of using a video converter is recommended.
Method 2: Extracting the Audio Using a Video Converter
You can choose from a variety of third-party video converters found online. The method shown here uses VLC Media Player, a commonly used multimedia player. Using it, here is how you extract the audio from a YouTube video.
Note: In order to apply this method, you need to know how to download the YouTube video first. You can easily find the ways of doing that online. Once you have done that, follow these steps:
- Download VLC Media Player and complete the installation.
- From the Menu Bar of the player, select Media and from the menu that shows, click Convert/Save.
- Click Add button on the right side.
- Select the downloaded YouTube video from your computer and click Open.
- Once selected, click the Convert/Save button on bottom right.
- Next, choose the audio Profile in which you would like your audio extracted and saved. We selected Audio – MP3.
- Click Browse to select the destination for your audio file.
- Click Start button to start the extraction and download of the audio.
That’s it. You will have your audio file saved in the selected location on your computer.
Share this with others if you found it helpful!